Capcom recently posted a summation of their 44th General Shareholders Meeting. The provided Q&A section is rather brief, but there is plenty for fans to chew on and ponder in the backs of their minds.
One such exchange regards the Mega Man franchise.
Q: Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection was released in April and has surpassed 1 million units in sales, contributing to existing IP utilization and user expansion. What are your plans for the Mega Man series?
A: Including Mega Man 11, the latest entry in the franchise, Mega Man is one of Capcom’s historic IPs and is loved by fans, and as such we want to take care in how we develop the series. We are considering how to approach the production of new entries in the series, which requires numerous factors, including the development of a solid concept, ideas and gameplay, etc.
Q: Tell me your plans for new ports or collections in the Mega Man series.
A: We are considering our approach to ports of past entries titles, which includes addressing technical issues.
While these replies are expectedly vague, they do illustrate that Capcom is being careful and considerate of the Mega Man IP. However, one has to wonder when or if we’ll see ports of the Starforce entries and the more miscellaneous titles.
Thanks to the Mega Man fansite Rockman Corner for sharing this news.
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection is now available worldwide for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
- Check out our review of the first volume of the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection.
- Check out our review of the second volume of the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection.
- Launch Trailer
- Character Renders + Profiles
- Countdown Art
- The Mega Man Battle Network 20 Years Later manga has been officially translated.
- Soundtrack Now Purchasable
- Latest Patch
The Mega Man Battle Network series follows protagonist Lan Hikari and his Net Navi MegaMan.EXE as they and their friends battle foes threatening the safety of the Cyber Net, such as prominent viruses and the criminal syndicate WWW (World Three). Combat is action-strategy requiring players to move in real-time across a grid to avoid enemy attacks while attacking and equipping skills on-the-fly. MegaMan.EXE can also be upgraded and customized to better situate himself for various scenarios.
The physical release includes all ten games, while the digital releases will be separated across two volumes.
The following titles are included:
- Mega Man Battle Network
- Mega Man Battle Network 2
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 White
- Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue
- Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun
- Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Protoman
- Mega Man Battle Network 5 Team Colonel
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar
- Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Falzar
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.