Activision launched the battle pass DLC for the Infinity Ward-developed first-person shooter Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
This season one of the content is currently available for free for all players across all platforms, who now have access to a variety of new maps and mopes. Interestingly, the Battle Pass System only gives players more ways to customize their experience by providing them with new base weapons, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, and more.
The Battle Pass can be purchased using 1,000 Call of Duty Points to unlock access to up to 100 tiers of new content. Those who complete the Battle Pass requirements will earn additional Call of Duty Points that is valued more than the price of the Battle Pass, which means you could get your Call of Duty Points back if you purchased them and if you pay using earned points, well then, good on you.
“Since Modern Warfare’s launch it’s been great sharing a steady stream of new playable content, but today’s launch of Season One takes things to a new level for all players. We’re rolling out multiplayer maps like Crash, Vacant and Shipment; Gunfight maps Cargo, Atrium, and Shipment; a Ground War map Port; three new multiplayer modes; five new Special Ops experiences and two new weapons,” said Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “This is the largest free content drop in Call of Duty history, and we’re excited that everyone can play all of this new Modern Warfare content together across all platforms.”
Here’s a breakdown of all the content available for free:
- Crash – Debuted in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, players can enjoy this map once again.
- Vacant – Debuted in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the map features an abandoned office.
- Shipment (Gunfight Map as well) – Debuted in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, this map probably doesn’t need an introduction.
Ground War Map:
- Port – Fight across shipping crates, buildings, and streets.
- Cargo – Open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers based in London.
- Atrium – The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace.
- On-site Procurement (O.S.P as well) – 2v2 mode with a twist where players begin with just fists and gather equipment.
- Reinforce – A hybrid of Dom and S&D.
- Infected – Hunt or be hunted in this survival party mode.
Special Ops Experience:
- Bomb Squad – Defuse bombs around the city of Al-Raab.
- Grounded – Eliminate enemies who seized Barkov’s former base.
- Just Reward – Targe the head of an enemy financial operation and gain intel.
While some of this content will launch after the December 3 date, the team plans to roll out additional modes and announcements as well. Those who one the Battle Pass will have access to additional rewards.
You can watch the new Battle Pass trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.