Borderlands 3 Gets Release Date and $249.99 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition
2K Games announced that the Gearbox Software developed sandbox action game Borderlands 3 will launch worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on September 13.
Borderlands 3 will continue the Borderlands story by introducing fans to a handful of new weapons and characters. Players will assume the role of one of four of the new Vault Hunters, in solo or online modes, to take on enemies and collect loot.
The game’s narrative focuses on the group of characters putting a stop to the Calypso Twins who are uniting the bandit clans and claiming the galaxy’s ultimate power. Each Vault Hunter has a unique ability and playstyle with deep customize and skill trees available to the player.
The publisher details the characters:
- Moze as The Gunner: When Moze needs backup, she distracts her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.
- Amara as The Siren: A confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara uses her Siren powers to smash her enemies.
- FL4K as The Beastmaster: FL4K lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.
- Zane as The Operative: Specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there
There are over a billion guns to customize and collect in the game and every fight yields new gear. There’s also a new region to explore named Pandora, which features unique environments with new enemies. Furthermore, the experience will scale depending on the party members while playing online. Rewards will be exclusive to each party member and the level of enemies will depend on the level of the player.
While there are your typical ultimate and standard editions available for the game, Gearbox also revealed a “Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition” for $249.99, which will include:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot
- 10 Borderlands 3 character figurines: Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately three inches tall.)
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand
- Four Vault Key keychains: Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands
- Five character art lithographs: Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
You can check out the launch trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.