Developer Team Reptile has launched the first major patch for their skating graffiti adventure Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, which fixes numerous issues and adds the Micro Boy mobile game as an app on your flip phone. Further, localization teams have been added to the credits, and other in-game elements have been implemented.
The patch is currently only available on Steam, with consoles receiving it later due to the certification process.
You can view the full quoted patch notes for Bomb Rush Cyberfunk below:
- Added Micro Boy mobile game to the flip phone apps
- Added a cypher spot to the Hideout
- Added Knxwledge – hwbouths to the Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Soundtrack
- Added album art to the Bomb Rush Cyberfunk Soundtrack
- Added Paul Koster to Environment Artists in Credits
- Added Localization teams to Credits
- Added Benni, the taxi driver’s missing voice in taxi menu-related cutscenes
- Added OpenGL Core backend to Windows build
- Added support for changing the movement controls and phone movement controls
- Added a more explicit boost gate door to the intro of the chapter 3 dream
- Fixed the transition from Versum Hill to Millennium Square, sometimes soft-locking
- Fixed combo multipliers not resetting when entering a Robo-post mid-combo
- Fixed certain building edges in Mataan considered safe to respawn on
- Fixed the police heat sensitivity being overly high in Chapter 6
- Moved garage unlocks to be one chapter earlier, so discovered movestyle colorways can be used earlier
- Fixed getting REP for redoing a graffiti spot after another crew had gone over it again
- Fixed movestyle garages not working when playing as the FRANKS
- Fixed a graffiti spot on a high billboard in Brink Terminal that did not save
- Graffiti at the end of races no longer disappear upon reload
- Completed Combat Encounters are not set as REP targets anymore
- Fixed Felix’s last 2 outfits unlocking before finding the collectables for them
- Fixed a lot of faulty grind lines that were breaking combos
- Fixed many issues with missing colliders in the environment
- Fixed Nice achievement now also works with BMX and Inline Skates
- Fixed the artist and title names on several small graffiti pieces
- Fixed VSYNC setting getting saved incorrectly
- Players should no longer be locked out of boss battle environments when they fall out of the level
- Oldhead, Base, and Jay show correct number of outfits in character select
- Players should no longer be able to fall out of the chapter 5 dream intro
- Map on phone should no longer show graffiti spots that are not yet available
- Fixed Rise’s second challenge activating before the first challenge is completed
- The game no longer halts execution when the game does not have focus
- Increased speed at which you can skip a cutscene
- Ensured player loads into the right scene after a crash during scene changes so that cutscenes and character/movestyles/phone app unlocks are not missed by any chance
- Shader change for certain VFX used by enemies including turrets that caused crashes for certain players on older hardware
- Fixed several memory leaks causing crashes
You can read the Steam blog post for additional comments.
Throughout Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, players control protagonist Red, a graffiti writer who had his head cut off and replaced with a robotic one. He then joins the Bomb Rush Crew comprising Tryce and Bell. They aim to travel to All City to learn who cut off Red’s head and how deeply his human side connects with the world of graffiti.
Players will explore the city’s five boroughs to gain rep, challenge rival crews, and hit up graffiti spots. New members can also join the crew with a variety of customization for music and cosmetics.
Gameplay utilizes “skateboarding, inline skating or BMX style tricks” with a ” unique environment-based trick system elevated by special Boost Tricks. Achieving lengthier combos will grant higher scores and boost power. Moreover, the military police in the vicinity have a dynamic difficulty that scales the more you vandalize.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.