EA has announced that the DICE-developed Battlefield V will receive a free DLC map on December 12 as part of the latest Tides of War update, Chapter 5: War in the Pacific.
This new DLC can be downloaded for free and allows players the chance to play through the popular map, Wake Island. This map originally debuted during an E3 demo for Battlefield 1942 in 2002. Since that reveal, the map has seen its way into other Battlefield titles. Lars Gustavsson recently shared a blog post about the map and its importance in the series.
The map retains the classic layout fans are used to seeing, with the added fortification mechanics. Players can play the map in Breakthrough mode and Conquest Assualt mode.
Interestingly, the developers crafted a list of tips for players jumping into the map:
- In Breakthrough, attackers get tanks in the first sector, defenders don’t. If you’re attacking, take advantage of this. Also, if you spot defenders hiding in the Hotel, take it down! Defenders can build Fortifications to counter this.
- Attackers can find ways to destroy the Hangar as well. Defenders should set up tank traps as soon as possible to stop the tanks from moving into the Hangar.
- Some of the bunkers can be destroyed, some cannot. Defenders can use the tunnels leading to the bunkers to their advantage by creating a choke point.
- The last sector is the prime target for calling in artillery or rocket Reinforcements. Use them.
- Do not underestimate the small boats! They are fast, nimble, and perfect for flanking.
Battlefield V is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
You can watch the trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.