Koei Tecmo has announced that their latest installment in the long-running Atelier franchise, Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream, is now available worldwide on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. This ambitious sequel has been met with an impressive degree of positive acclaim.
- If you missed it, check out our review of the title’s PC version.
- View why you should play the original Atelier Sophie.
Additionally, a brief launch trailer commemorating the game’s release has been published, viewable below:
- Check out our interview with Atelier series producer Junzo Hosoi.
- View the collaborative artwork comprising Atelier Sophie 2, Tales of Arise, and Blue Reflection: Second Light.
- Tales of Arise and Atelier Sophie 2 are hosting free crossover DLC.
Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream continues the adventure of Sophie and Plachta, who have traveled on many new adventures. After leaving Sophie’s hometown of Kirchen Bell, the two stumble across a tree that Plachta has seen in her dream.
Upon inspection, they are pulled into a vortex, and Sophie wakes up in a world called Erde Widege, where she hears someone who sounds awfully familiar to Plachta. However, it’s not her friend Plachta, but a young alchemist with the same name. I’m sure you can see where this is going.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.