Koei Tecmo released a new trailer detailing the free update for the Gust developed adventure JRPG Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout, available now on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The update adds a few new functions to the game, including a Photo Mode where players will be able to pose the members of your party while they’re out on an adventure. Players will also be able to decorate the photo with stickers and borders. The update also adds in a Weasel Roast challenge as well as a Puni Companion mini-game, which have always been the cutest enemies in the series.
Additionally, the publisher outlines other fixes that the update will add:
- Fixed bugs that occurred under certain circumstances in battles and quests
- Fixed a bug that prevented progress when selecting Chinese (traditional) or
- Chinese (simplified) in the language settings of Nintendo Switch™ after applying Update 1.02
- Support for additional content
- Fixed a bug that causes the game to freeze when moving the map to the Secret Hideout or Hidden Clearing
- Fixed a bug when extra skills may not be activated when an extra order is achieved during battles under certain conditions.
- Fixed several display issues.
- Other minor adjustments and issues.
Atelier Ryza tells the story of a new character in the Atelier series, Ryzalin, a typical everyday girl who has become bored with her mundane lifestyle. After meeting someone special, she discovers alchemy and her whole life changes. She then sets out on an adventure that she never thought she’d go on.
Atelier Ryza is aiming to be graphically better than any of the Atelier titles in the past. While there won’t be any romance in the game, players will be able to experience a bittersweet story that resembles summer memories.
In case you missed it, check out our review of the game.
You can watch the new update trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.