Developer Gust and publisher Koei Tecmo have announced that their item-crafting turn-based JRPG, Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key, has been updated on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
The full patch notes are quoted below:
- Additional Maximum Difficulty Patch. [LEGEND Difficulty]
- Added an option to change in-game BGM.
- This function can be accessed through the Diary in any atelier and allows the player to change the BGM that plays at specific scenes during the game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from unlocking the “Your own answer” achievement or trophy on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, or Steam after completing Patricia’s quest in a specific order.
- Fixed an issue where Klaudia’s “Klaudia, the Artist” quest failed to occur under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where it was sometimes impossible to continue the “The Underworld Forest” quest after being defeated in a battle against the Deranged King.
- Fixed an issue where, regardless of the gathering level or tools equipped, a “key” symbol is displayed on gathering points signifying that gathering requirements are not met.
- Improved compatibility with the new DLC.
- Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.
You can view official screenshots highlighting these updates via our gallery below:
Lead writer Yashichiro Takahashi returned to write this third entry. Taking place a year after Ryza 2, the titular protagonist and her friends discover newly appearing islands near their home of Kurken Island. The party decides to investigate these mysterious happenings but ends up finding a gate within some ruins, with a voice wanting to lead Ryza to the Code of the Universe.
Four regions are explorable in an open field, all boasting seamless transitions. Keys will also be found and created; they all have unique effects for synthesis, battle, and exploration. Moreover, a total of 11 party members are available, featuring returning and new characters.
- View our review of the game.
- In case you missed it, check out our interview with the Ryza trilogy’s character designer and the protagonist’s voice actress.
- We also interviewed the Head of Gust, Junzo Hosoi, about this conclusion to the Ryza trilogy and what fans can expect from the franchise’s future.
- Character Model Sheets Revealed
- Ryza Character Designer Taking a Break
- Launch Art
- Soundtrack Now Available on Streaming Services
- Launch Trailer & Swimsuit DLC Available
- Official Social Media Icons
- Official Mobile Wallpapers
- Latest DLC Launch
- Art Book Announcement
- Sells 290,000 Units Worldwide
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key is now available worldwide on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.