Developer Gust and publisher Koei Tecmo have announced that their turn-based JRPG Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key has been updated on all platforms, remedying bugs and adding new features.
The patch notes are listed below:
- Added special photo mode update.
- Added Weasel Roast, Lamb Roast, & Devil Roast.
- Fixed an issue in which certain quests to deliver equipment, items, or gathering tools did not count as completed when the tool or equipment was unequipped before being delivered.
- Fixed an issue in the “The Recipe Sleeps at the Old Fairystone Silo” quest that made it impossible to access the door after a battle.
- Fixed an issue where it was impossible to climb some waterfalls with the Water Beast in the Cleria region.
- Fixed display issues.
- Other minor adjustments and bug fixes.
The photo mode update has added new frames and motions, with users now able to “freely position characters, change the time of day, filters, frames, and character expressions.”
The Roast artifacts provide the following functionalities:
- Lamb Roast – Measures how much damage can be dealt in five turns of battle. Will provide rewards based on total damage, the maximum number of chains, and the maximum damage from a single attack.
- Weasel Roast – allows players to battle and defeat monsters under set conditions. Will provide rewards if the opponent can be defeated within five turns.
- Devil Roast – Allows players to change the opponent of Lamb Roast or Weasel Roast into any monster they wish.
New screenshots of these features were provided, viewable via our gallery below:
Lead writer Yashichiro Takahashi has returned to write this third entry. Taking place a year after Ryza 2, the titular protagonist and her friends discover newly appearing islands near their home of Kurken Island. The party decides to investigate these mysterious happenings but ends up finding a gate within some ruins, with a voice wanting to lead Ryza to the Code of the Universe.
Four regions are explorable in an open field, all boasting seamless transitions. Keys will also be found and created; they all have unique effects for synthesis, battle, and exploration. Moreover, a total of 11 party members are available, featuring returning and new characters.
- View our review of the game.
- In case you missed it, check out our interview with the Ryza trilogy’s character designer and the protagonist’s voice actress.
- We also interviewed the Head of Gust, Junzo Hosoi, about this conclusion to the Ryza trilogy and what fans can expect from the franchise’s future.
- Character Model Sheets Revealed
- Ryza Character Designer Taking a Break
- Launch Art
- Soundtrack Now Available on Streaming Services
- Launch Trailer & Swimsuit DLC Available
- Official Social Media Icons
- Official Mobile Wallpapers
Atelier Ryza 3: Alchemist of the End & The Secret Key is now available worldwide on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.