Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Yule Season Update Introduces River Raids Game Mode
Ubisoft has announced a new update for their hit title, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, bringing a large variety of content.
You can watch the trailer showcasing all of the upcoming content below:
The River Raids is a permanent, added mode that enriches the raiding experience of the title. It contains:
- Higher-stakes raids, with unique maps and rewards, in which the player can raid without impacting their main game progression and alliances in England. Unlike the original raiding feature, the raiding crew can be temporarily lost if players don’t revive them during the raid.
- A Jomsviking Crew: Recruited Jomsvikings (created by other players online) are led by the player’s personal Jomsviking Lieutenant.
- A New Longship: An all-new, fully customizable longship exclusive to the game mode – whose cargo hold can be upgraded to bring more resources back from River Raids.
The new Jomsviking Hall has three levels to upgrade in Season 1. High-ranked Jomsvikings have greater survivability in River Raids and will join in correlation to how high leveled the Hall is.
A new NPC named Vagn will introduce players to the River Raids game mode after completing one of the first narrative arcs in England, either Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire, building their Barracks, and recruiting their Jomsviking Lieutenant.
Other features of the update are listed below:
- The Saint George Armor set and Great Sword
- 3 new Abilities, hidden in monasteries
- 2 new Settlement Buildings
- A new set of longship and player cosmetics
In case you missed it, check out our review of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.