Animal Crossing: New Horizons Receiving Huge Update This November, Including Paid DLC
This morning, Nintendo streamed the Animal Crossing: New Horizons direct, which announced the big update on the ‘horizon.’ The free update will add tons of quality-of-life improvements, as well as new features to enjoy your island life. Here’s what to expect.
The Rooster, the café run by Brewster, the owl, will be added to the Museum. Inside, players can purchase coffee for 200 Bells each and enjoy some unique dialogue with residents at the café. Furthermore, players will also be able to invite other players via online/local multiplayer or use amiibo to invite certain characters.
Kapp’n makes a return! By paying him 1000 Nook Miles, he’ll take players on a mysterious island expedition called the Kapp’n Boat Tour. This is similar to the Mystery Island Tour from the airport but cheaper. Harv’s Island, a location that was purely just for the photography studio, will also get a new space in which players can donate Bells to add familiar shops from the series, such as Reese and Cyrus’s Customization Shop and Katrina, the Fortune-Teller.
Now, let’s list the general island additions:
- Further upgrades to your home will now be available, such as increased storage and exterior customization.
- Ordinances are back from Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which changes how your Island’s residents and environment behave.
- New furniture was added to Nook’s Cranny, the Island’s local shop, as well as new items, to redeem your Nook Miles for in the Nook Mile Shop.
- In front of Residential Services, players can now take out the tape deck and begin a group stretching session.
- Cooking will be added! Players will be able to grow crops and enjoy cooking some hearty meals.
But that’s not all. The Happy Home Paradise Paid DLC package will be released on the same date as the update. Remember Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer? Well, it’s back and better than ever. By working with Lottie, you can design vacation homes for your animal friends and facilities and enjoy memorable interactions and dialogue. There are honestly so many new features to list, but I’ll keep it brief:
- You can add Soundscapes to the client’s home. They provide appropriate environment sounds depending on the theme you select.
- Players can share their designs via the Online feature with a currently active Nintendo Switch Online subscription.
- amiibo cards are supported. By scanning an amiibo card, you can invite specific clients to design homes for.
If you never owned an amiibo card, Nintendo also announced that they will be releasing Pack 5 of these cards. Each package will contain six cards, though pricing will vary depending on your retailer. The DLC package will be available on November 5, 2021, for 29,99 US dollars, the same date as the 2.0 free update comes out. You can also get this DLC for free if you purchase the new Nintendo Switch Online tier, which you can learn more details about here.
You can view the Direct in its entirety below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.