Remedy Entertainment has detailed the features of the New Game+ mode for Alan Wake 2, set to launch at an unknown time after the game’s initial release. The planned contents are listed below:
- Retain all unlocked weapons and upgrades.
- New Nightmare difficulty level.
- New alternative narrative, including new Manuscript pages and new video content.
Additionally, the three difficulty levels have been detailed, listed below:
- Story – Combat will not pose a challenge. Focus on mystery-solving and exploration.
- Normal – A balance between mystery-solving and survival. Combat is challenging. Using items and conserving resources is required to stay alive.
- Hard – Significantly challenging combat. Leveraging items and familiarity with the game mechanics is essential for survival.
“Alan Wake 2 is an intense story and a layered mystery that takes players on two disturbing journeys, running in parallel and echoing each other in strange and unexpected ways,” said Sam Lake, Creative Director and Lead Writer of Alan Wake 2. “A newcomer to Alan Wake’s world, FBI Agent Saga Anderson’s investigation offers players a unique lens into this survival horror experience.”
New players will be taken through FBI Agent Saga Anderson, who is sent to Bright Falls to investigate a series of murders that have been happening around town. Players will find themselves switching between her and Alan throughout the story.
Each character will have their own set of missions separate from each other, so there won’t be any instance of playing through the same level twice as a different character.
Alan Wake 2 will launch digitally for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S on October 27, 2023. No physical release is planned.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.