Developer Funktronic Labs has revealed that their neon-vibes, 80’s inspired skateboating game, Wave Break is releasing for Steam and Nintendo Switch this June. This title aims to embrace the feel of classic arcade skateboarding games with boating and online shooting elements mixed in.
There is a fleshed-out episodic single-player campaign in this title alongside online competitive game modes such as Death Match to Trick Attack. An advanced park creator and custom game modes will be present as well.
You can read the key, advertised features of this upcoming title below:
- Single Player Campaign: Challenge yourself with familiar objectives, collectibles, and high score missions. It’s skateBOAT or die as the rivalry between Wave Break’s usual suspects plays out in an episodic storyline involving guns, kickflips, and blood money.
- Online Multiplayer: Compete to be the best flippin’ champ in online ranked matchmaking or group up with online friends in custom game modes.
- Multiple Game Modes: Compete for high scores in Trick Attack, battle it out in Deathmatch, or practice and refine your skills in Free Play mode.
- Park Creator: Create the park of your dreams using our advanced in-game Park Creator! Create and edit ONLINE with friends, or do it solo for super-focus.
- Customization: Unlock hundreds of custom clothing for maximum stylin’, as well as tons of decals and decorations for your boats. Upgrade stats and unlock gear as you play and earn money.
- Stream Safe Soundtrack: Vibe out to Wave Break’s fresh and 100% stream safe soundtrack featuring original songs from some of the best synthwave artists in the scene like Timecop1983, Kalax, and many more!
You can view the release date announcement trailer below:
Wave Break is releasing for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam on June 11. The Switch version of this title is currently available to pre-order for a 10% discount before launch.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.