Developer Funktronic Labs has announced that their 80’s inspired skateboarding game, Wave Break, will be coming to Nintendo Switch and Steam this Summer. There is no date currently specified.
This title is currently available to play on Google Stadia.
The President of Funktronic Labs, Eddie Lee, had this to say regarding this announcement:
“We’re super excited to finally announce that Wave Break is coming to Switch and Steam this Summer. The team worked hard to get it smooth 60hz on Switch, and we can’t wait to see all the wacky fan-made creations in the new Park Creator. We also have another big musical surprise coming for launch, you won’t believe it!”
You can read this title’s key, advertised features below:
- Arcade SkateBOATING Moves – Chain together sweet trick combos to boost your score, and fill up your special meter to perform special physics-defying moves for massive points
- Boat on Boat Violence – Shoot your opponents with a selection of firearms in aquatic vehicular combat, and build your special meter to go into “bullet time” for slow-motion precision shooting
- Online and Local Multiplayer – Play on the couch with a friend in local split-screen, or play with other players online, with rank-based matchmaking and private matches
- Competitive Game Modes – Compete for the highest score in Trick Attack, gun down your opponents in Death Match, and take over territory in Turf War
- Single Player Story Campaign – Challenge the classic style objectives, collectibles, and score missions, as well as an episodic storyline of guns, kickflips, and blood money.
- Park Creator Madness – Create the park of your dreams using our advanced Park Creator in-game! Create and edit ONLINE with friends, or do it solo for super-focus. Custom artwork supported, both spraypaints and full 3D models! Steam Workshop fully supported! Try out other’s parks to get some ideas for your own, or play them with your friends!
- Fresh Synthwave Soundtrack – Vibe out to an evolving 80’s inspired Soundtrack featuring brand new original music from an array of acclaimed artists
- Boat Loads of Customization – Stop by the “Beach Boutique” shop for the latest fashions to dress up your characters, visit Jimmy Jimbo to purchase different boats, accessories, and skins, and don’t forget to hit the Gym to buff up your character’s stats and attributes
You can view the developer commentary trailer for this title below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.