Brazilian indie developer Rogue Snail and publisher Akupara Games have released a free update for the 2D, twin-stick, shooting roguelike, Relic Hunters Zero.
This update integrates fan modded weapons in the game proper, alternate character skins, and a new soundtrack by Cat Arthur. These features were previously exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the title.
You can listen to the title’s soundtrack below:
Mark Venturelli, the creator of Relic Hunters, had this to say regarding the recent update:
“Relic Hunters was born with this free game – one that we’ve promised to keep updated, free and openforever. Akupara has done an amazing job re-mixing thegame and bringing it to the Switch, and now all of these changes are available to all players on Steam, 100% free.”
You can read about each of this title’s key features below:
- Seven Playable Characters – Each Relic Hunter comes equipped with unique stats, skills, and skins, allowing for diverse playstyle and combat
- Multiple Explosive Game Modes – Classic 12-level Adventure Mode with unlockable relics anditems; challenging “Endless” Mode with unique mechanics and economy; “Storm” Mode that progressively increases in difficulty and chaos
- Couch Co-Op Multiplayer – Up to 2 players can team up in local multiplayer for new strategies and battle tactics
- Progressive Original Chiptunes Soundtrack – Energetic tracks to amp you up as you beatdown swarms of Ducans
- Overcome Tough Enemies & Mini-Bosses – Be cautious of the powerful Ducan commanders who will rise up to overwhelm you and your team
- Powerful Community-Built Weapons – Explore the Asteroid Dungeon Nemesis riddled with a myriad of different weapons, some even designed by members of the Relic Hunter community
Relic Hunters: Zero is available for purchase on Nintendo Switch and Steam.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.