Publisher Humble Games and developer Black Mermaid have announced that their upcoming 2D slasher-platformer, Moonscars, is releasing for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on September 27, 2022. The title will also be joining Game Pass and Humble Choice, with the latter explicitly stated as the date of launch.
Throughout this brutal experience, players control clayborne warrior, Grey Irmam, who is seeking to find the sculptor and discover the secrets revolving around his own existence.
The following primary key factors are advertised:
- Death shapes you – Before you rise, you first must fall. Mold yourself into a master warrior through a cycle of trial and triumph.
- A grimly gorgeous world – Explore the shadows and secrets concealed in the moonlight of a painterly nonlinear 2D realm marred by desperation and despair.
- Test your resolve – Sharpen your skills and reflexes in challenging, action-packed combat. Slash and parry with your sword, wield unique special weapons, and command powerful Witchery.
- The Moon hungers – Unearth a strange, dark fantasy tale filled with twists and intricate worldbuilding. Seek the truth of your creation and be rewarded.
- Clay, bone, and ichor – Bear witness to tales and memories of betrayal, suffering, and revenge as Grey Irma and her fellow beings of flesh and clay seek truth and purpose.
Several screenshots for were shared alongside the title’s key art, viewable via our galleries below:
You can view the game’s release date trailer below:
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.