Team17 and Studio Koba have revealed the international games label is teaming up to publish the Spanish studio’s debut title, Narita Boy.
You can view the announcement trailer for this title below:
Players take control of a digital warrior chosen to wield the Techno-Sword. It can defeat foes either in close range with melee or from afar by transforming into a shotgun or laser bream. With the help of the Motherboard, the spiritual leader of the Digital Kingdom, players will face enemies entangled with corruption from the invading Stallions, a group of rogue code bent on subjugation. Players will also explore the memories of the creator that reveals his story, including his early years in Japan.
You can view this title’s key, advertised features below:
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitized characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.
Narita Boy will be releasing on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One – including on release day with Xbox Game Pass for both PC and Console, in Spring 2021.
This post may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate Noisy Pixel earns from qualifying purchases.